Columbia Community Mental Health 2018 Christmas Bazaar from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. at 58646 McNulty Way, St. Helens. Arts and crafts made by artists from the CCMH community. For more information, call Sophia at 503-366-3384.
The Alley Cats, America’s Premier Doo-Wop Group, play at the Birkenfeld Theatre in the Clatskanie Cultural Center at 3 p.m.
Clatskanie Middle High School Drama presents Frumpled Fairy Tales and Melted with a Hint of Dwarf at 7 p.m. at the CMHS Auditorium. $5 general admission and $3 for student and seniors.
Clatskanie Middle High School Drama presents Frumpled Fairy Tales and Melted with a Hint of Dwarf at 1 p.m. at the CMHS Auditorium. $5 general admission and $3 for student and seniors.
• Hunters Association Columbia County Chapter membership meetings are held the second Monday of each month at the Kozy Korner Restaurant in St. Helens. Meetings start at 7 p.m. or come early at 6:30 p.m. for some good food and visiting.
• A new book discussion group is starting in Rainier led by Lisa Langner Goss, who attended Rainier High School. The group will meet the 4th Monday of each month at 1:00 p.m. at the Rainier Methodist Church, starting May 28, which falls on Memorial Day. “The Art of Racing in the Rain” is the book the group will be discussing. All are welcome!
• TOPS OR 0633, Faith Lutheran Church, 9 a.m., for further info please call Lois at 503-728-3865
• TOPS OR 1024, bottom level of Clatskanie Baptist Church, 5:45 p.m. weigh in, 6:30 p.m. meeting, for further info please call Lester Trotter at 503-780-9022
• Rainier City Council meets the first Monday of the month, Work session 6 p.m., Meeting 7 p.m., Rainier City Hall, 106 W. B St.
• Friends of the Clatskanie Library meet on the first Monday of the month, April through October, 7 p.m., 11 NE Lillich Street. Friends group supports the library with funding for children’s programs and landscape projects. Please Contact the library at 503-728-3732 for more information.
• The MS Support Group of Columbia County meets the first Monday of each month at 1 p.m. at Dairy Queen in Scappoose. For more information call Susan at 503-543-2517.
• Clatskanie Chapter of American Legion Auxiliary, 6 p.m., American Legion Hall Post 68, 930 NE 5th St. For more information, contact Lori Sherman: 360-431-7910.
• Columbia County Fair Board meets the second Monday of each month, 6 p.m. in the 4-H Building at Columbia County Fairgrounds, 58892 Saulser Road, St. Helens.
• Clatskanie School Board meeting, fourth Monday of the month, 6:30 p.m., Clatskanie Elementary School Rm 11, 815 S. Nehalem St. Clatskanie.
• Blood pressure checks Mondays, 11 a.m., Rainier Senior Center, 48 W. 7th Street. For more information call 503-556-3889 or visit www.Rainierseniors.com.
• Columbia Community Mental Health Board of Director’s Meeting, 4 p.m., on the first Tuesday of each month, at the Creekside Center – 58646 McNulty Way, St. Helens.
• Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 2994 Meeting, second Tuesday of the month, 7 p.m., VFW hall, 960 NW 5th Street, Clatskanie.
• Rainier Auxiliary # 4022 F.O.E. meets the first and third Tuesday of the month at the lodge, 7 p.m., 109 W. A Street.
• Rainier Aerie # 4022 F.O.E. meets the second and fourth Tuesday of the month at the lodge, 7 p.m., 109 W. A Street.
• Columbia River PUD Board Meeting, 6 p.m., on the third Tuesday of each month in the Columbia River PUD Community Room – 64001 Columbia River Highway, Deer Island.
• The Columbia County Democratic Central Committee meets the last Tuesday of every month at Kozy Korner, St. Helens, Meetings start at 7 p.m. Phone: 503-320-2050.
• Bingo, Tuesdays, 10:30 a.m., Rainier Senior Center, 48 W. 7th Street. For more information call 503-556-3889 or visit www.Rainierseniors.com
• Sew/Quilting day at The Castle, 9-4, second Tuesday of each month, please bring your own lunch. 620 SW Tichenor Street
• Kiwanis Club of Clatskanie meets Tuesday nights at 6:15 p.m. at Fultanos.
• The Clatskanie Library District Board meets on the second Tuesday of the month, 7 p.m. at the library, 11 NE Lillich Street. Contact the library at 503-728-3732 for more information.
• Pinochle at The Castle, 9-2, every Wednesday. 620 SW Tichenor Street
• Columbia County Board of Commissioner board meeting 10 a.m., in room 308 at Columbia County Courthouse. Staff meeting at 1 p.m. in room 331.
•Bingo, Wednesdays, 7 p.m., Clatskanie American Legion, Hall 930 NE 5th street.
• Clatskanie City Council meets the first Wednesday of the month, 7 p.m., in the Clatskanie Cultural Center, 75 S. Nehalem St. Contact the city hall for further information at 503-728-2622
• Beaver Homes Grange monthly meeting, first Wednesday of the month, 7 p.m., Grange Hall, 31105 Beaver Homes Road, Goble.
• Parkinson’s Disease Support Group meets the first Wednesday of each month at Avamere, 2400 Gable Road in St. Helens, for more information contact Jenny Hicks at 503-366-8070.
• Turning Point Community Services Center Board of Directors Meeting, second Wednesday of the month, 6:15 p.m., Turning Point, 220 E. Columbia River Highway.
• Clatskanie Fire Board Meeting, second Wednesday of the month, 7 p.m., Clatskanie Fire Station, 280 SE 3rd St, Clatskanie
• Natal Grange Meeting, second Wednesday of the month, 7:30 p.m., Grange Hall, 67542 Nehalem Highway N.
• Columbia Soil & Water Conservation District Board meets at 7 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month at the Columbia SWCD office, 35285 Millard Road.
• Clatskanie PUD meeting, third Wednesday of the month, Work session 5:30 p.m. Board meeting 7 p.m., Community Room, 495 E. Columbia River Highway.
• Clatskanie Booster Club Meeting, third Wednesday of the month, 6 p.m., CMHS room 115, 471 SW Belair Drive.
• Columbia County Stroke Support Group meets every fourth Wednesday of each month, 2:30 p.m.- 3:30 p.m., Avamere at St. Helens, 2400 Gable Road. Contact Jenny Hicks for more information at 503-366-8070.
• Clatskanie Planning Commission, meets the last Wednesday of the month, 7 p.m., in the Clatskanie Cultural Center, 75 S. Nehalem St. Contact the city hall for further information at 503-728-2622
• Clatskanie Library District presents Spring Story Time at 1 p.m. on Wednesdays from March 21 until May 16 at the library, located at 11 Lillich Street. Registration is required. Call the library for more information, 503-728-3732.
• Family Support Group meets on the first and third Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. at the Rainier United Methodist Church, 101 East C St., Rainier, Oregon. For more information, call Teri at 503-556-9135.
• Clatskanie Chamber of Commerce meets the first Thursday of the month. Contact the chamber for more information at 503-728-2502.
• Veterans Breakfast, first Thursday of the month, 10 a.m., Clatskanie American Legion Hall, 930 NE 5th street.
• Clean Columbia County meets the second Thursday of the month, at the Columbia Soil & Water Conservation District building, 35285 Millard Road, at 6:30 p.m.
• Rainier Chamber of Commerce Meeting, second Thursday of the month, noon, Rainier United Methodist Church, 1st and C St. Contact the chamber for more information at 503-556-7212.
• Rainier City Library Board of Directors Meeting, second Thursday of the month, 5 p.m., Rainier City Hall, 106 West B Street.
• Clatskanie Veterans Memorial Committee Meeting, third Thursday of the month, 7 p.m., VFW hall, 960 NW 5th Street.
• Clatskanie Masonic Lodge #133 Meeting, third Thursday of the month, 7 p.m., SE 2nd and Conyers St.
• Lower Columbia Genealogical Society meets on the second Thursday of every month. No meeting in July. Somerset Retirement Apartments 2025 Tibbetts Drive, Longview, WA 7 p.m. Dining Room
• TOPS OR 865 at Alston Corner Assembly of God Church, 25272 Alston Road, Rainier. 8:45 a.m. weigh in, 9:30 a.m. meeting. For information call Debby at 360-751-4370.
• Foot care, (by appointment) 10 a.m. – 1p.m., Rainier Senior Center, 48 W. 7th Street. Cost is $15. For more information call 503-556-3889 or visit www.Rainierseniors.com.
• Republicans Meet Up, every second Friday of the month at the Village Inn, 535 S. Columbia River Highway, St. Helens. Dinner at 6 p.m., followed by meeting at 7 p.m., for more details visit: www.columbiagop.org.
• Clatskanie Garden Club meets the second Friday of the month. Time and location may vary. Contact 503-308-2343 for information. Guests are welcome.
• Oath Keepers Columbia County Chapter meets at the Kozy Korner, 371 Columbia Blvd., in St. Helens, at 6:30 p.m., every third Saturday of the month.
• Rainier Oregon Historical Museum has regular operating hours Saturday from 12-4 p.m. (except holidays). Museum is located at 106 B St West. Use side entrance and take the elevator to the 3rd floor. We will welcome any old photos or items that you would like to share or donate to our museum. We can also scan your photos and give them back the originals. You can contact us by dropping in on Saturday’s or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Overcomers Outreach – a spiritually based, 12-step recovery program for substance abuse issues. Meets at 6 p.m. at Sunset Park Community Church, 174 Sunset Blvd., in St. Helens. Call 503-397-0535 or visit www.sunsetparkchog.org
To see daily community events, please visit www.thechiefnews.com