The police blotter relates to the public record of incidents as reported by law enforcement agencies. All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Information printed is preliminary and subject to change.
Rainier Police Department
• A large sack of garbage was hit and created a hazard on the on ramp to the bridge. An officer and public works cleaned up the mess.
• An officer responded to a three-vehicle, non-injury accident on Highway 30. One driver was cited for careless driving.
• Several power tools were taken from a shop.
• A concerned citizen thought that someone was attempting to sell stolen goods as they had people looking at boxes in the bed of their truck. The employees at the location remembered seeing the truck, but stated they did not help the driver or look at any boxes.
• A hit and run accident occurred at the boat launch.
• Officers were dispatched to a report of a violation of a restraining order. As it turned out, it was a couple going through a divorce and they were arguing over property. They agreed to separate and peace was restored.
• An officer responded to a two-vehicle, non-injury accident on the bridge. No citations were issued.
• A caller advised that two dogs were running at large. Animal control was notified.
• A man went into a restaurant, ordered some food, and then began yelling about the bathroom not being in service. The man left the location and was not found to be in the area.
• An officer responded to a silent panic alarm. An employee accidentally activated it.
• Several tools were stolen from a residence.