Show Opening and Artist Reception
5 p.m. – 8 p.m. at Clatskanie Bloom Art Gallery, 289 N. Nehalem, Clatskanie. Come meet the artists and see their work. Refreshments, snacks and hot cocoa available.
Winter Music Concert and Art Show
6 p.m. - Doors open for art show, 7 p.m. - Show starts. This show will feature CES and MS Band, Symphonic Band MS Choir, Concert Choir and the high school art class at CMHS Auditorium. Suggested concert donation is $5 general and $3 student/senior.
Columbia 9-1-1 Communications District Board of Directors Regular Meeting
1 p.m. at the Columbia 9-1-1 Communications District Meeting Room
4 p.m. – 9 p.m. at Cowlitz County Convention Center. Activities and speakers include Mountain Monsters Huckleberry, Jeff and Wild Bill on stage, squatch talk – tell your squatch stories, craft and food vendors, axe throwing, cornhole tournament and beer garden sponsored by Antidote Tap House and Avid Cider. Something for the whole family.
Meet the Mayor
9-11 a.m. at Columbia City Hall, 1840 Second St. Columbia City. An informal public meeting with discussion of any concerns or ideas for improving our city. For more details, call 503-397-4010.
10 a.m. – 8 p.m. at Cowlitz County Convention Center. Activities and speakers include Dr. Jeff Meldrum, Olympic Project - Derek Randles and Shane Corson, Finding Bigfoot – Cliff Barackman, Missing 411 – David Paulldes, Ground Zero – Clyde Lewis, kids cave including Emmie Blue and The Squatchie, Cowlitz County Museum Story Time, craft and food vendors, axe throwing, scavenger hunt by Guse’s Coffee, cornhole tournament and Brew Mountain Beer Festival. Something for the whole family.
RJSHS History Club Fundraiser
4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. at Panda Express, 500 Triangle Shopping Center, Longview, Washington. Contact Mr. Demko, advisor at RJSHS for more details, Andrew_demko@rsd.k12.or.us.
Roy Orbison Tribute Band
7:30 p.m. at the Birkenfeld Theatre at the Clatskanie Cultural Canter, 75 S. Nehalem, Clatskanie. Tickets: Adults-$20, Senior/Student-$18, Child-$16
The Greater Portland Regional History Bee and Bowl
8 a.m. – 5:20 p.m. at RJSHS in Rainier, Oregon. Doors open at 8 a.m. and you must arrive by 8:30 a.m. If there is an adult who would like to volunteer as a reader or timer contact Marshall Mullins at the National History Bowl or Mr. Demko at Andrew_demko@rsd.k12.or.us.
Valentines for Vets - Elks Veterans Bunker
5 p.m. Doors open, 6 p.m. Flag Ceremony with dinner to follow. Silent auction followed by LIVE auction starting at 7:30 p.m. This is the 5th annual Gala Fundraiser dinner and auction at Buccini Hall, St. Frederic Church, 165 S. 14th St., St. Helens. Go to ElksVeteransBunker.org to purchase tickets. Call 503-410-5225 or 503-369-7635 for sponsorship or to donate auction items.
Columbia County Oregon Beekeepers and OSU Extension Service presents: 2020 Bee School 101
9 a.m. - 4 p.m. at OSU Columbia County Extension, 505 N Columbia River Hwy, St. Helens. $40 if registered by Feb. 1, $45 if registered after Feb. 1, $20 scholarship available for students and those in need. Please call Linda Zahl at 503-799-7073 for information. Refreshments provided. Bring a sack lunch. Topics include: honeybee biology, tools and woodworking, acquiring bees, disease and pathogens, hive manipulations for honey protection, gardening for pollinators and more.
Columbia County Job Fair
9 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Columbia River Four Square Church, 555 Commons Dr. St. Helens.
Columbia County Local Emergency Planning Committee Meeting
1 p.m. - 2 p.m. at 58611 McNulty Way, St. Helens.
10th Annual Rainier Revisited
10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Beaver Homes Grange, 31105 Beaver Homes Rd., Rainier. A living history reenactment of Rainier and Northwest History. Step back in time to the year 1853. Hosted by the Rainier Jr./Sr. High School History Club- A chapter of the National History Club. Admission is donation based or a can of food for HOPE (a local food bank). For more information contact a club member or Mr. Demko, History Club Advisor at Rainier Jr. Sr. High School, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To list an event in the Community Calendar, email details with a phone number that may be published for anyone that might have questions, to email@example.com, or call 503-397-0116
On Going Events
• The American Legion Post 68 meets the second Monday of the month at 7 p.m. at the Legion Hall, 930 SE 5th St., Clatskanie.
• St. Helens Lions Club meets at 6:30 p.m. every first and third Monday at the Village Inn. Call 503-369-1005 for more information.
• Community Action Team Board of Directors meetings from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on the fourth Monday of every month in the CAT boardroom, 125 N. 17th St., St. Helens. No meetings on Monday holidays.
• VFW Post #1440 meets at 7 p.m. every second Monday at the Elks Club. For details, call David Belden at 503-397-2147.
• Genial Genealogists meeting from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. on the first Monday of each month in the auditorium at the St. Helens Library.
• Oregon Hunters Association Columbia County Chapter membership meetings are held at 7 p.m. on the second Monday of each month at the Kozy Korner Restaurant in St. Helens. Come at 6:30 p.m. for some good food and visiting.
• The Greater St. Helens Aquatic District Board Meetings from 5 to 6:30 p.m. on the third Monday of each month in the Eisenschmidt Pool Basement.
• The Columbia County Fair Board Meetings take place at 6 p.m. on the second Monday of each month in the 4-H Building, 58892 Saulser Rd. (No meeting in December).
• St. Helens MS Self-Help Group meets on the third Monday of every month from 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. at the Columbia Center, Armstrong Room, 375 18th St., St. Helens, OR. Contact Sheryl Adair at 503-410-0752.
• The VFW meets on the second Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m. at 960 SW 5th St., Clatskanie.
• Kiwanis Day Breakers Club meets at 7 a.m. at the Village Inn, 535 S. Columbia River Highway, St. Helens. For more details, Colleen DeLong at 503- 367-5993.
• McNulty Water People’s Utility District Board Meeting is at 7 p.m. on the first Tuesday of every month at 34240 Millard Road, Warren.
• The Columbia County Law Library will be holding Court Forms Clinics every Tuesday from 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. (weather permitting). Get help filling our court forms commonly used in the Columbia County courthouse. The forms are free and the clinic is free. Sign up is required and is available at the courthouse Mon. – Fri. from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. or at the Law Library Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. 270 S. First St., St. Helens. Questions, contact 503-396- 5344, or firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.
• Community Meal in the Parish Hall at First Lutheran Church, St. Helens from 5:30 p.m. – 6 p.m. Free dinner. For more details on how to help, or volunteer, call 503-397-0090.
• Rotary Club of Columbia County – St. Helens meeting is held at the Warren Country Inn at 12 p.m. For more information, call 503-397-2341.
• Columbia SWCD meets the third Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m., 35285 Millard Rd., St. Helens. December’s meeting will be held at 6 p.m.
• Lawyer in the Law Library is a series of talks about common legal problems. Meeting are on the second Wednesday of each month from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. A lawyer will provide basic information and answer your questions about the topic of the evening. Columbia County Law Library, 270 S. First St., St. Helens. Call 503-396-5344 with questions.
• Dementia Support Group meets the second Wednesday of the month from 3 p.m. – 4 p.m. at Avamere at St. Helens, 2400 Gable Rd. Call 503-366- 8070 for more information.
• Port of Columbia County Board of Commissioners hold meetings at 8:30 a.m. on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month at the Port of Columbia County office, 100 E St., Columbia City.
• The Veterans breakfast is held the first Thursday of the month at 10 a.m. at the Legion Hall, 930 SE 5th St., Clatskanie.
• The regular monthly Rainier Chamber of Commerce meeting is held on the second Thursday of every month at 12 p.m. at the United Methodist Church. Lunch is provided for a suggested $6 donation.
• Kiwanis Club of St. Helens meets at 12 p.m. at the Elks Club. For more information call 503-397-6503.
• The VFW Auxiliary meets the second Thursday of each month at the St. Helens Senior Center at 1 p.m. Call Sherry at 503-397-2147 for more information.
• First Thursday is a regular community meeting at 7 p.m. with the St. Helens Police Department held on the first Thursday of each quarter at Columbia Center's auditorium, 375 S 18th St. in St. Helens. A new topic is presented at each meeting by a police officer, or police staff, related to community safety, crime prevention, police services, or seasonal-specific safety information. For more details, call 503-397-3333.
• River City Singers seeks new members for community chorus, directed by Alice Boyer. First United Methodist Church, 560 Columbia Blvd., St. Helens from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. This is a non-audition choir. For more information call 503-396-0939, or come to any rehearsal.
• Community Meal in the Parish Hall at First Lutheran Church, St. Helens from 5:30 p.m. – 6 p.m. Free dinner. For more details on how to help or volunteer call 503-397-0090.
• ASD Family Support Group meets every first Thursday from 7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. at 52588 NE 2nd St., Scappoose, Oregon. Adults only, no kiddos please Bring a snack to share. Receive support, encouragement and help your family thrive with ASD. For details, contact Sharrie Kreins, at 503-396-3361.
• The Scappoose Rural Fire District and Columbia River Fire and Rescue will have joint board meetings on the second Thursday of each month at 7 p.m. Meetings in the months of January, March, May, July, September and November will be held at 58611 McNulty Way, St. Helens, Oregon and meetings held in the months of February, April, June, August, October and December will take place at 33342 SW Meadow Dr., Scappoose Oregon.
• Veteran’s Breakfast at the Village Inn in the Banquet Room the first Friday of every month. Doors open at 7 a.m. and the meeting starts at 8 a.m. Guest speakers will discuss topics that are important to local Veterans and their families. All veterans are welcome to attend.
• American Legion meet the first Friday of each month at 8 a.m., America’s Best Value Inn, 535 S. Columbia Highway, St. Helens. The meetings are held in the meeting room behind the lounge.
• St. Helens Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution have a Social Sweet Tea from 2 p.m. - 4p.m. every Friday at Caples House Museum. (no social on the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas) There is a $5 fee that goes to the Caples House Museum.
• The Rainier Historical Museum is open every Saturday from 12 p.m. – 4 p.m. It is located inside Rainier City Hall. Please enter the side entrance and take the elevator to the 3rd floor.
• NAMI Columbia County Support Group, National Alliance on Mental Illness, meets on the second Saturday of every month from 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. at the Elks Veterans Bunker, 125 S. 13th St., St Helens, Oregon. For more information, contact Judy Thompson, at 503-397-6056, or contact NAMI Oregon, at 503- 230-8009.
• St. Helens Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution meet every second Saturday at noon at Caples House Museum in Columbia City.
• Resonate Recovery from 7 p.m. – 8 p.m. at 220 S. 1st St, St. Helens. Bible based, Christ-centered spiritual recovery meeting for those struggling with addictions and compulsive behavior. Everyone is loved and welcomed. Free childcare during meeting for infants through sixth grade. For more information, contact Bert @ 503-475-3586, or bnewton@ acacialumber.com, Debbie @ 503-560-0521, or check the “Resonate” Facebook page.